Discord is the most famous VoIP app. The majority of people are gamers who use the platform to connect with other gamers during gaming sessions.
Since then, Discord has been ported to a variety of operating systems and platforms. The platform recently added the Screen Sharing function, which allows users to share their screen with their friends.
This could involve the game as well as other software like Chrome e.t.c. but many gamers have complained about the Discord screen share no audio problem.
- 1 Are you facing Discord screen share no audio issues?
- 2 What Causes Discord Screen Share No Audio issue?
- 3 How to Fix Discord Screen Share Audio Not Working Issue?
- 4 How to Share Audio on Discord Screen Share?
- 5 Why Is Discord Screen Share Not Working?
- 6 Conclusion
- 7 FAQ
If you too are facing Discord no audio problem then congratulations! You’ve reached the right place to find a solution to your query.
In this article, you’ll learn how to resolve the Discord screen share audio not working problem in a matter of minutes.
But, before we get to the fix, we need to tell you why Discord Screen Share audio isn’t working.
Discord screen share no audio issue is exhausting and frustrating.
There are a few good reasons why Discord streaming no sound. Allow me to explain why the Discord screen share audio isn’t working.
The following are some of the reasons why your Discord stream no sound:
1. The issue with the Audio Feature
Discord screen share audio was previously unreliable, but after a major update, Discord share screen no sound issue was resolved. If you’re using a previous version of Discord for screen sharing, you’ll run into Discord screen share no audio problem.
2. Audio Drivers That Aren’t Functioning
If you have defective discord legacy, audio drivers, on your PC, you will get a Discord share screen no sound bug.
Or you can update them all with just a couple of clicks with Driver Easy.
3. Administrative Entry
The problem of discord streaming no sound will be resolved by granting administrative permission.
4. Antivirus Problems
Antivirus software will seriously harm Discord files. If you attempt to use Discord on Chrome browser, you’ll get a discord screen share audio problem.
To correct the Discord screen share audio bug, you’ll need to turn off your antivirus.
Discord’s most recent updates include screen and audio sharing. As a result, this function is riddled with flaws.
You’ll find discord not picking up voice or discord screen share no audio issues more often as a result of the bugs.
But don’t worry there are the steps to fix discord screen share no audio problem.
1. Restart your computer.
Before trying any other method you should consider restarting it. Restarting your device is an effective way to resolve discord screen share no audio issues.
Relaunch Discord after rebooting the system to see if the problem still exists. You can try our other tips to fix discord screen share no audio problem.
2. Update the Discord App
When Discord screen share audio not working then it is essential to update the Discord software to resolve issues with no audio from Discord.
You can fix Discord screen share audio not working issues by upgrading the Discord software.
The procedures to update the Discord software are as follows:
- You need to open the Run dialogue by clicking the win+ R key simultaneously.
- Click enter after typing percent %localappdata%. ( OK)
- Do a double-click on Discord and then on Update.exe.
- Have some patience and wait for the update process to finish before relaunching the Discord app.
3. Install the latest audio drivers
Audio problems in Discord are caused by defective or out-of-date audio drivers. You must update your Audio Drivers regularly.
To upgrade the audio drivers, follow these steps:
- To open the Run Dialog box, press Windows + R, then type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
- Right-click on Sound and hardware in the Audio inputs and outputs category.
- Choose Update driver and reboot your device. This method would quickly resolve the Discord stream no sound issue.
4. Add Discord Activity
Discord senses and responds to the operation you’re currently engaged in.
For example, if you’re playing Fallout 4 while still using Discord in the background, there’s a chance you’ll get a fallout 4 no sound error.
To resolve the issue of Discord screen share audio not working, you must include a discord activity.
The measures to add Discord Activity are as follows:
- Go to the Discord Settings page.
- There are multiple options on the left navigation bar. Select Games from the drop-down menu.
- Add the game activity to the Game Activity Tab.
- Switch on the toggle button near the Discord Overlay Tab.
5. Clear Discord roaming data
When using Discord, incorrect account settings and temporary Discord files may also lead audio to fail. To see whether clearing your Discord Roaming data solves your problem, try this:
- Discord should be shut down.
- Click the Windows logo key and type %appdata% on your keyboard. After that, hit the Enter key.
- Right-click on discord then choose the Delete option
- Finally, reboot discord
Even after trying this step if the problem persists then the next step might help you.
6. Grant Administrative access
The Discord app performed well until the no audio on discord screen sharing feature was introduced. Discord screen share no audio issues are a major concern due to excessive resource loading.
Here’s how you can give Discord administrative access:
- By pressing Windows + E, you can open File Explorer.
- Navigate to Discord’s installation location now.
- Choose Run as Administrator from the menu bar when you right-click the Discord.exe application.
- To save the changes, press OK.
7. Don’t Use a Full Windowed Screen
Discord screen share no audio issues can occur if you play games in full screen while still using Discord.
Since it clashes with Discord Permissions, you can use discord window off-screen mode and play games in a minimized mode.
8. Reset Voice settings on discord
It is possible to correct no voice in Discord by resetting the voice settings on Discord. The following are the steps to resetting your Discord voice settings:
- Go to the Discord Settings page.
- In the right corner, click the settings button.
- Then look at Voice and Video.
- To fully reset the faulty settings, choose Reset Voice settings.
Press Okay and this will certainly solve Discord screen share no audio problem.
9. Reinstall Discord
If none of the above suggestions solved the issue, you may want to try reinstalling Discord. Uninstalling applications in Windows 10 is quite simple.
Simply obey the steps below:
- In the Notification bar on the taskbar, click “All Settings.”
- Go to the “Apps” section.
- Type “Discord” into the search field in the Apps window. When it appears in the list, click it and pick “Uninstall.”
- In your web browser, go to the official Discord page and download the most recent edition. Run the installer and obey the on-screen prompts.
- Try screen sharing again with a newly installed Discord.
A key trait of the Discord application is the ability to share sound or play audio through it. Despite the lack of video sharing, people may use Discord to share sounds.
The Discord share system sound function has given this software a whole new dimension. Sound sharing in Discord is simple to set up.
In most cases, the Discord share screen will not work If the Discord Software is troublesome for your PC, if the discord application mute screen share is turned on, or if you’re using the old discord version.
Normally, screen sharing with Discord isn’t a concern unless any minor issues cause the screen share discord to crash.
If the discord share screen function is broken, you won’t be able to share your screen. When you install Discord from a third-party source, this occurs.
Screen Sharing discord features are often found to be defective if they are not downloaded from the right source.
The Discord screen sharing function was initially found on the Discord website. To use the Discord sharing screen function, you must first install it from the Discord website.
Otherwise, you’ll have a lot of problems with Discord not running.
Discord is a very famous application and most of its users are gamers who share their screen for gaming. The users often face audio problems while screen sharing.
But Discord screen share no audio is simple to resolve. To fix no audio in Discord, you should carefully follow the steps outlined in this article.
The Discord Screen Share feature is a modern and improved feature that is also riddled with bugs.
Understandably, certain errors or bugs will occur while using the application.
How do I enable audio on-screen sharing discord?
To share audio on a Discord screen share, turn off Screen Share first, then allow sound mode from the application window, and then press the Share Now Button.
Discord Screen Share No Audio problem occurs because of Discord not loading on pc, discord screen share unable to load, audio function problems, defective audio drivers, improper software, stream incompatibility mechanism, antivirus issues, and so on all-cause screen share discord no sound issues.