Discord has gained so much popularity among various gamers and streamers that it doesn’t even need an introduction.
The application has attracted millions of people to it who use discord almost every day across the globe.
Undoubtedly, it is one of the best platforms out there for text, audio, video, and image communication among different users.
We all are already aware of the fact that you can easily install discord on PC and many other devices but not many people have this one question in their mind- “Is discord on PS4 functional?” Well, the answer is it is. Yes, you heard it right!
If you weren’t aware of this or only knew a bit about it, you are just at the right place.
In this article, we will enlighten you on everything about installing and using discord on PS4 to talk to your friends while you play some of your favorite games on the console.
How to get Discord on PS4
Getting discord on PS4 is not as difficult as it looks. The following are the simple steps that you need to follow to get discord on PS4.
- Register on Discord from any of your devices such as your PC or smartphone.
- Go to the Browser on your PS4.
- In the search tab, search for Discord.
- Hit OK and fill up the required account and password details.
- Log in to your previously registered Discord Account.
Can you get Discord on PS4
Discord is an amazing platform that is widely used by games for its text and voice chat features.
The Party Chat option in PS4 is great but when all of your game buddies are using discord, you don’t wanna miss out on that.
Dedicated users of discord have been sending many requests to the official support team of the app to launch a PS4 version of discord.
The developers of the app even addressed this problem and will most likely present the integration by 2022.
However, do you need to wait for that long? Not! There’s a simple trick through which you can use discord on PS4 with some equipment and effort.
You can easily link your discord account with your PS4 by simply logging in from the application.
How to install Discord on PS4
Installing and setting up discord on PS4 may seem a little troublesome but the fact is it’s going to be worth it. The following is the equipment that you will need to set up discord on PS4:
- A headset such as A40 TR Headset with an optical cable. It must support a USB connection.
- A Mixamp or any other similar tool such as Mixamp Pro TR to switch audio between the PS4 and the computer.
- Cables: (3.5mm Male to Male,3.5mm to 3.5mm with Volume, and 3.5mm Aux Splitter).
- You will also be required to download Discord on your computer(optional).
- You can try visiting Discord’s official website to install the Discord application on your Desktop. You will see many different versions for people using MAC OS or Linux.
How to use Discord on PS4
To use discord on PS4, follow all the steps provided below:
- Start by connecting the optical cables between your PS4 and the mix amp Pro TR to switch audio.
- Go to PS4 Settings and click on Sound and Screen. Go to Audio Output Settings and switch the Primary Output Port with Digital Output (Optical).
- Insert one end of the USB cable into the base station while connecting the other end to the PC. Please ensure that the base station is set in PC mode or else it won’t operate.
- Go to the Discord application on your PC and swap the input device in voice settings with your mixamp.
- Use the suggested jack that is a 3.5mm audio jack and operate it from the speaker of your PC.
- Head back to the voice settings in the Discord app and substitute the output device with your PC speakers.
- If you follow all of these steps properly then you will easily be able to talk through the Discord application while using your PS4 simultaneously without facing any problems.
Though, you may face a few issues such as discord search not operating.
You may not be able to listen to any other sound playing on your PC.
This is because your PS4 is receiving the main audio from your mixamp pro-TR.
How to download Discord on PS4
You cannot Download the Discord application on Ps4 per see but you can certainly link any account via ps4 discord using the above-mentioned little trick.
How to join a PS4 party on PC
The party chat feature is an amazing one on PS4. But what is party chat?
The party chat in PlayStation is a chat feature that you can use to voice chat with your friends and other game buddies on PlayStation.
The fascinating fact about this feature is that you can use it while simultaneously playing any game or using any other applications.
Users can also screen share their work within the Party.
But does one join a PS4 Party Chat on PC?
How can I join a PS4 Party Chat on PC
To join the PS4 Party Chat on your PC, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Start by installing a software called PS4 Remote Play on the PC.
- Sign in to your PSN account on PS4 Remote Play.
- Switch your PS4 on.
- Connect to the option of Party chat on your PC.
- Make sure that the Remote Play software keeps operating in the background.
Discord usually displays errors when you use its overlay feature. Therefore, make sure that you know how to fix overlay errors on discord.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do consoles have discord?
No, unfortunately, the application isn’t currently supported by the PS4 console. However, you can easily work a trick out with a few steps and equipment.
Is there discord on PS4?
Yes, you can use Discord on PS4 by signing in to the Discord Account on the browser.
Discord has not been officially launched for PS4 users yet. However, sooner or later, the integration will be witnessed by all of us (most likely by 2022).
We hope we have answered all the questions and doubts for you. Although the steps can look very troublesome at first, once followed properly, you will know it was worth it.
The equipment that you will require to have for this process is not very highly priced.
Therefore, keep in mind to properly attach the jacks and follow the instructions that we provided for installing and using Discord on PS4.