Playing music through a mic can be desirable for a lot of you when done correctly. In this article, we have provided a step-by-step guide to enlighten you on how to play music through mic.
You can easily entertain several users with high-quality and crisp music in various voice chat applications including discord and other gaming communities.
The best part is that all you need is a good microphone and a melodious song!
Now without any further ado, let’s dive right into learning how to play audio through mic.
- 1 How To Play Music Through Mic Windows 10
- 2 How To Play Music Through Mic Discord
- 3 How to play music in discord
- 4 How to play audio through Microphone using different software
- 4.1 1. How To Play Music Through Mic in-game using Clownfish
- 4.2 2. Using Voicemeeter + Soundboard to play sound effects through microphone
- 4.3 3. Using Morphvox for playing music through a microphone
- 4.4 4. Play sound effects through microphone using Soundpad
- 4.5 5. How to use Rust Soundboard to play music
- 5 How to test the sound played through the mic
- 6 Final thoughts
- 7 Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
How To Play Music Through Mic Windows 10
You can use various applications such as MorphVox, Rust SoundBoard, VoiceMeeter, Soundpad, ClownFish, etc. to play audio through mic.
Before we begin, we must tell you that it is extremely easy to learn how to play music through mic as well as talkin Windows 10.
Just the thought of talking to a friend on skype while playing funny or witty sound effects in the background sounds so fascinating.
Many YouTubers today make use of various kinds of sarcastic sound effects while streaming or specifically for roasting videos.
The best part is that you can create these sound effects in both games as well as other applications.
You will also be able to use Spotify hotkeys in the game, making the entire procedure much simpler.
Now the question pops up: How to play music through mic?
You can easily play music through your mic by simply shifting your default mic to the system sounds.
Head over to the Control Panel and then go to Hardware & sound. Click on Manage Audio Devices and there you will see the option of Recording and enabling Stereo Mix.
Simply set it to your default microphone.
How To Play Music Through Mic Discord
Playing music through the mic on discord is very simple. You just have to install a few plugins such as FredBot, MedalBot, or Rhythm.
These bots are the ones that work to play audio according to the provided instructions along with certain written commands.
For instance, if you wish to play audio through the mic on your discord app, you will need to write this specific command for instructing MedalBot:
m!play Song Name
If you wish to stop the music, you will have to write:
It is worth mentioning that you won’t experience any kind of loss of quality in the audio unless there are some internet connection issues.
Steps to play music over the mic
To play music over the mic easily, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Start by downloading a PC Soundboard application such as MorphVox, Rust SoundBoard, VoiceMeeter, Soundpad, or ClownFish.
- Download the application and link it to the mic. To do so, go to the Control Panel > Hardware & sound. Click on Manage Audio Devices and there you will find the option of Recording and enabling Stereo Mix. Simply set it to your default microphone.
- You can add any music or sound effects that you would like to play in those soundboard applications.
- Lastly, play the audio through a mic as mentioned in the sections below.
How to play music in discord
Once you have followed the above steps properly, join any voice chat and you will be able to play any audio through your microphone.
How to play audio through Microphone using different software
The mere idea of having sound effects during the gameplay sounds so good. A lot of you must have seen some of your favorite streamers do that, but how? Let’s find out!
These streamers make use of some costly audio mixers for creating those funny sound effects while they play. Aside from having a hardware audio mixer, the simplest and most economical way is mentioned below:
Many software work to help you in creating a sound that your gaming partners will be able to hear like it’s generating from your end that is your microphone. Some of this software are MorphVox, Rust SoundBoard, VoiceMeeter, Soundpad, and ClownFish.
All of these tools have certain applications. However, you don’t need to worry as we have provided all the important instructions below for you to play audio through your mic.
1. How To Play Music Through Mic in-game using Clownfish
Clownfish is an amazing audio mixer application where you can insert any sound effects such as Alien, Robotic, and many more and play them from your PC. This app can be used on various platforms including Discord, Steam, Mumble, Skype, Viber, Teamspeak, Hangouts, and so on.
One great thing about this app is that it is compatible with all Windows, MacOS X, as well as Linux Ubuntu.
The sound effects available for you to add include Fast, Normal, Slow, Male, Female, Clone, Baby, Alien, Radio, Robotic, Atari Game, and others. You can also insert the link for a Youtube video to play the music.
2. Using Voicemeeter + Soundboard to play sound effects through microphone
Using this app is extremely easy. It may not seem so but the fact is that this app holds in it a great number of amazing features.
It allows you to make your specific PC soundboard as well as put shortcuts to play them when you go on to play games. The sound will seem like it is coming from you or your mic.
The following are the installation steps:
- Install VoiceMeeter and Soundboard.
- Head to the task manager and then open the startup tab. Now allow both of the apps.
- Allow VoiceMeeter output and input. Now complete this step by setting the VoiceMeeter’s input as the Soundboard’s output.
- Choose your microphone as the hardware input and the speakers as the output.
- The final step is to ensure that the game is only using VoiceMeeter as the input device.
- You’re done! Now you can use any audio from the application Soundboard to play through your mic.
3. Using Morphvox for playing music through a microphone
With Morphvox, you can play various sound effects as well as background sounds. The app’s free version is probably not that bad but we’d recommend you to pay for the full version which will help you to unlock various useful features in the app.
These include enabling the hotkeys as well as the voice changer feature:
Voice changer will help you to change your voice and make it sound way different than it is while you will be speaking from your default mic.
With the paid version, you can also make use of hotkeys for playing different sound effects and audio from this application making it highly simple to use.
The great part is that this app is also functional with Mac with installed High Sierra OS X.
4. Play sound effects through microphone using Soundpad
Soundpad is one of the easiest and most beneficial applications. You will find it on steam. It’s not one of those regular media players. You can get a lot out of this application.
The best part is that users can make use of hotkeys for playing a specific audio that they have already selected in the application.
This aids you to do so whenever you play games using the full screen mode.
You may also block the mic with particular hotkeys when you are talking to another person. You can also create various music playlists that you wish to make.
You can play music on both the speaker and the microphone. It’s highly simple to play all of your favourite songs by searching for them instantly. To do so, all you have to do is press Ctrl+Enter.
This application also works to record sounds. You can even edit them after you record them.
5. How to use Rust Soundboard to play music
Rust Soundboard is the 5th application on our list. A lot of YouTubers use this app to put in some cringey music effects.
You will get to discover a great number of cringe effects in Rust Soundboard. It includes a metal screw, a spring-loaded metal door, squeaky, and many more such sounds.
Users may sometimes come across an error while using this app. In this situation, you can try reinstalling the app and downloading its latest version to prevent such issues.
How to test the sound played through the mic
There is software available like Audacity that helps you to test the sound played through your mic. Alternatively, you can also check it on discord.
To test the sound, you can try recording the input through any software such as audacity and hearing it. And that’s all!
For a further check, you can also make your game buddies hear the music on various apps such as TeamSpeak or discord to get a double confirmation.
Undoubtedly, playing audio through a microphone is an incredible thing that everyone must take advantage of, especially if they play or stream games.
Having said that, it’s important to properly learn how to play music through mic. The software that we mentioned is all reliable to use and also user-friendly.
However, it is tough to get the best out of them if you use the free versions. In that case, we suggest that you go for the paid version of the software which is a one-time purchase.
We hope this article answered all your questions and doubts about how to play audio through mic. Have fun playing!
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
1. How Do I Play Music Through my Mic Windows 10?
Ans- Head over to the Control Panel and then go to Hardware & sound. Click on Manage Audio Devices and there you will see the option of Recording and enabling Stereo Mix. Simply set it to your default microphone.
2. How Do I Play Spotify Through My mic?
Ans- If you wish to play Spotify using your microphone, you will have to click on the Search tab and hit the microphone option. It will ask for your permission which will be granted as soon as you hit OK.
3. How to set up a mic on discord?
Ans- You can install your microphone on the discord application very easily. Simply select the default mic under the input device on Discord’s settings.