What you need to know before playing online roulette 2022

Roulette is played with the same rules all over the world. While there are many variants of this game, the general goal is always the same: to try to predict where the ball dropped on a rapidly spinning wheel will land.

Once you learn the rules, you can start playing online roulette for real money in India or any other country.

But if you want this experience to be as enjoyable as possible, we recommend that you take a look at the tips below first.

Know your variants

There are three basic variants of roulette: American, French, and European. These variants differ from each other in terms of numbers on the wheel and additional betting options.

These are more effective differences than you might think because they determine how much you will win and therefore how much you will lose in the long run.

  • European roulette: The traditional form of the game with a single zero on the wheel. Most of the roulette games you can find on the internet are based on this variant.
  • American roulette: This is the variant commonly played in the US. There are two zero pockets (0 and 00) on the wheel. Also, a betting option called “basket bet” is only available in this variant.
  • French roulette: The wheel design and basic betting options are the same as European roulette. However, it is possible to place different bets on multiple numbers in a special area called “racetrack” and one of the two rule systems (En Prison or La Partage) is used. These systems allow you to get half of the original wager back or use it in the next game when bets that pay 1:1 are lost.

Without going into too much detail, let’s say that the best variant you can play is French roulette: thanks to the special rule systems, this is the variant you will lose the least in the long run.

But if this is your first time and French roulette seems a bit complicated, try European roulette: it’s your second-best option.

American roulette is the variant that you will lose the most in the long run, stay away from it as much as possible.

Know which bets are better

Whatever variant you play, you can bet on a single number, a range of numbers, a color (red/black), or whether the outcome will be odd or even.

These are all different outcomes and have different chances of winning. Likewise, the payouts differ according to the chances of winning.

The least likely to happen pays the highest. The higher your odds of winning, the lower the payout.

In movies, roulette players almost always bet on a single number, and they usually win.

In reality, however, this is very unlikely: if you bet on a single number, you have a 2.70% chance of winning at European roulette.

It is fairly easy to calculate what the odds of winning will be for any given bet.

There are 37 numbers on the roulette wheel and if you are betting on only one, this can be expressed as 1/37. The result of this simple formula is 0.0270, that is, 2.70%.

So which bets offer the highest chances of winning? The more pockets your bet covers, the greater your chance of winning. In this context, bets that pay 1:1 cover the largest number of pockets. These bets are:

  • Red/black
  • Odd/even
  • Low/high

What these bets all have in common is that they allow you to wager on a total of 18 numbers. Let’s use the formula above again: 18/37.

The result is 0.4864, that is, 48.64%. This is a pretty high percentage, but keep in mind that even if you bet almost half of the numbers on the wheel, your chances of losing are still 51.36 percent.

In other words, even if you only use the bets listed above, in the long run the casino will always win. For the same reason, roulette should be played for fun only.

This is the last tip we can give: roulette, like any other casino game, should be limited to casual entertainment.

Sharing Is Caring:

Hi, I'm Manish Mishra, founder of GamingFreak. A blog that provides authentic information regarding Games Updates, Gaming Guide, Upcoming New Games News, and Become Noob To Pro in league of legends - Wild Rift, Mobile Legends & Champions Legion.

Leave a Comment