Many players are facing Steam Easy Anti Cheat error which is not allowing them to access the New World.
Steam is a very popular platform for digital distribution services of video games across the world, trusted by thousands of gamers.
It has a huge collection of free and paid video games that keeps the game freaks entertained.
But unfortunately, right now players are having trouble playing the games on PC.
Many New World, Apex Legends, and Rust players have complained that they are facing errors like “Steam must be running to play this game”, “Steam unrecoverable error”, “Steam untrusted system file”, “Steam Easy Anti Cheat Error”, and “Steamclient64.dil.”
If you are facing such kinds of errors too, here is a guide to what you can fix and play your favorite game again.
How to fix Steam Easy Anti Cheat Error?
Regardless of which of the above-mentioned errors you are facing, the following steps will help you fix that in no time.
You might find numerous methods on the internet to fix this issue but none of them has worked for users except for the one shared below.
Any kind of Steam Easy Anti Cheat error can be fixed by simply repairing the game with the help of EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe.
If you are not aware of how to repair the game on Steam, then follow these steps:
1. You have to launch Steam on your PC.
2. Search for your favorite game (we are showing the steps for Apex Legends).
3. Right-click on Apex legends and a Menu will pop up.
4. Choose Manage and then click on “Browse local files”
5. After that a list of folders will open up where Apex Legends is installed.
6. You have to double-click on the EasyAntiCheat folder.
7. Once it opens you have to double-click on EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe and then run it as administrator.
8. You will see a “Repair Service” button, click on that and wait for it to install.
9. After the installation is complete, go to your Steam client and run Apex Legends. Now you will be able to play it.
Also read – Adorable Home 2022 Best Guide for Beginners
What is the cause of Steam Easy Anti Cheat Error?
EAC Index Not Found Error is a very common error on Steam and occurs when the Easy Anti-Cheat server of the game is down.
If you find the EAC of your favorite game to be down then you have to wait till the server is up and running again.
But don’t worry we have a quicker fix for EAC Index Not Found Error.
How to fix EAC Index Not Found Error in 2022?
There are a few easy steps you need to follow to fix the error in no time and carry on with your game.
- Go to the directory of your game: Steamlibrary>Steamapps>Common>Apex Legends
- Find EasyAntiCheat_Launcher.exe and change the name to EastAntiCheat_Launcher.exe
- Also find r5apex.exe and changed its name to EasyAntiCheat_Launcher.exe
- Now go back and start the game normally from Origin Launcher.
Other Steam Easy Anti Cheat Error Fixes
1. Verify the integrity of game files
Most of the time you face errors while launching the game because either the files of the game are missing or corrupted.
In this case, you have to make sure that the data is up-to-date and intact.
For that, you have to verify the integrity of your game files.
- You have to restart the computer and then launch Steam again.
- Now go to the game Library and select any game you want (we are considering New World). Then select “Properties.”
- Click on Local files tab and select “Verify integrity of game files…” tab.
- Steam will automatically start verifying the files of the game. This can take several minutes.
- Once the files are verified, make sure to update the game.
If the Steam Easy Anti Cheat Error is still showing, move to the next fix.
2. Update the drivers of your device
Driver is an important element of any software because it is responsible for letting the software communicate with your hardware.
So it is clear that if your drivers are outdated, you will notice performance problems on your PC.
When there are error messages popping up every time you start a game, make sure to check if your drivers are outdated.
You can use an automatic driver updater like Driver Easy to update your driver.
- Download Driver Easy and install it on your PC.
- Open the application and click on the “Scan Now” button. It will start scanning and notify you of detecting any outdated or missing drivers.
- Click on “Update All.” Driver Easy itself will download and update all your missing device drivers so that you have the latest version of everything, authentic from the device manufacturer.
- (But this process requires you to have a Pro version).
- After every driver is updated, restart your PC and launch your game.
Also read – Merge Mansion Full Mysteries Gameplay and Guide 2022
3. Update Windows
There can be a possibility that the system files that the game needs to run might be missing.
So check whether you have installed the latest updates of your operating system.
1. Type “Check for updates” in the Search box.
2. It will show you the results. Now click on the “Check for Updates” tab. It will automatically start updating. Just wait for it to restart.
4. Repair the Windows system files
If the game error codes keep popping up that means your operating system might be heavily corrupted or the hardware is broken.
You have to perform a clean Windows reinstallation.
But if you have done that before you know how lengthy and tiresome it can get. The best alternative to this is “Reimage.”
- Download Reimage and install it on your PC.
- Launch the application and it will start scanning your PC for free. After completing, the software will thoroughly check the system and display the summary of issues in your system.
- Once done, click “START REPAIR” and the repairing will begin.
That is everything you need to know about how to fix the error of Steam Easy Anti Cheat.
In 2022 there are more and easier ways.