Microsoft keeps rolling out new updates for the Windows 10 operating system from time to time.
In case you ever start to feel that the Windows 10 operating system you are using is getting sluggish, lacking a few features, or just not optimized to the mark, in that case, you must certainly keep an eye out for new updates and of course download, and install them whenever possible.
As an individual, a lot of us usually turn off some services as well as close down certain apps that we do not require, and that is primarily because we don’t wish to have any kind of undesirable programs or applications to eat up CPU as well as memory usage.
During the process of a random inspection of your Task Manager, have you ever watched YourPhone.exe operating in the background?
We know you aren’t making use of it, however, it is still adding to your CPU as well as memory usage and that is extremely inappropriate.
In this article, we will enlighten you on everything that you need to know about YourPhone exe; Is it safe or not for your Windows 10 PC? And a lot more.
Thus, keep in mind that you read this article till its end to gain a proper understanding of the same.
- What is YourPhone exe?
- Is it safe to have YouPhone.exe Safe on my PC? Is it a possible virus?
- Can I Disable YourPhone.exe on my Windows 10 PC and how?
- How can I discard YourPhone.exe completely from my Windows 10 PC?
- Another way to discard YourPhone.exe from your Windows 10 PC
- Is it possible to get YourPhone.exe back on Windows 10 PC after removing it?
- How can I Reset YourPhone.exe on Windows 10 PC?
What is YourPhone exe?
You will be able to see YourPhone exe in the new update of Windows 10, however, it certainly does feature a setback in the former versions of Windows 10.
YourPhone.exe in simple words is a built-in application that comes with the newer versions of Windows 10 1903 and later.
This program will assist you to link your Android mobile device to easily get connected to your PC with Windows 10, and the good thing is that it has also been made applicable for iOS device users.
Whenever you will be getting a notification on your mobile device, it will be immediately visible on your PC with Windows 10 as well.
It is worth mentioning that even when you disconnect your mobile device from the PC, it will unknowingly keep functioning in the background even if your mobile device is not connected to your PC at that point in time.
So the simple thing is that it barely synchronizes with the Android or iOS mobile devices with the operating system of Windows 10.
Also, users can even share their data including images, messages, files, and much more until and unless they are using the exact Microsoft account on their mobile device as well as Windows 10 operating system.
Besides, in case you have Android 7 or above, only then you will be able to use this feature.
On the other hand, iOS, as well as iPadOS users, can merely use the feature of browser link-sharing only if they have Microsoft Edge installed on the respective device.
Is it safe to have YouPhone.exe Safe on my PC? Is it a possible virus?
While a lot of people are bothered by this question, we must tell you that no, YourPhone.exe is certainly not a virus, and having said that, it is created by a truly trusted as well as well-known service around the globe which is called “Microsoft”.
It is entirely safe and legitimate and you can have it on your device without caring about any kind of issues.
Nonetheless, there may be certain malware or viruses that may have named themselves by the term YourPhone exe and can handily pounce into your device in case you don’t have any nice antivirus program installed on your system.
However, if you are still not convinced and you wish to clear your doubt once and for all, here are a few steps below that will tell you how to specify if YourPhone exe is a malware or virus or not.
- Step 1: First and foremost, you will need to right-click on the menu of start and choose Task Manager. Alternatively, you can also press the shortcut key or Ctrl + Shift +Esc for opening it.
- Step 2: Choose the Details tab that you will be able to find on the upper tab menu.
- Step 3: Next, search YourPhone.exe, and simply right-click on the option and choose Open File Location.
- Step 4: In case it brings you to the folder of C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, then you can simply infer that yourphone exe is not any kind of virus or malware.
A true YourPhone exe includes the file size of 19 KB and is permanently found at the folder of C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\.
In any other case, it can only be a virus or malware, therefore, you must consider giving your system a thorough scan.
Yes, it is possible to disable yourphone exe on your Windows 10 PC, and can be done by following some easy steps.
If you are someone who doesn’t wish to use YourPhone.exe on their device, then you must simply consider disabling it or just end its process.
Because otherwise, it will keep on proceeding with running in the background for a very long time unknowingly, and continue to consume your device’s CPU as well as memory usage while also including the additional application that you aren’t making use of at all.
As you will go on to disable YourPhone exe on your device, your system will be able to breathe more by retaining that slight performance.
You must follow all the steps that we have provided below carefully if you wish to stop the process.
- Step 1: First and foremost, you need to head to the start menu and then launch Settings. Alternatively, you can also press Windows + I for opening it.
- Step 2: Click on the option of Privacy that you will find in the settings window itself.
- Step 3: Scroll down from the left side of the navigation tab and choose Background Apps.
- Step 4: You will be able to see all the applications on the right-hand pane, under the option of “Select which apps can run in the background”. Simply locate yourphone.exe application.
- Step 5: Now just disable this setting.
Next, you must close any opened windows and conduct a device restart in order so that all the changes that you earlier applied get successfully implemented on your system.
Once your system normally boots up, launch the Task Manager and simply search for YourPhone exe as mentioned above under the Processes tab that will be found on the upper menu tab.
YourPhone exe still goes on with running in the background even though we locked it down from the background applications.
That’s what users of Windows 10 have noticed. Let’s now see how we can go on to successfully remove it from your Windows 10 OS.
Now, we will enlighten you on how to get rid of YourPhone exe from your Windows 10 PC, with the help of Windows PowerShell (Admin).
Follow all the steps mentioned below to do so:
- Step 1: First, simply right-click on your device’s start menu, and choose Windows PowerShell (Admin). (This will essentially upon the version of your Window 10; in case you are unable to locate Windows PowerShell then you can simply search it in the search tab)
- Step 2: In the window of PowerShell, now enter the command line that we have mentioned below and simply hit the Enter key. “Get-AppxPackageMicrosoft.YourPhone -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage”
- Step 3: You will now need to wait for a minute and let the process successfully end.
However, Windows PowerShell falls flat to inform whether this process was successful or not.
Thus, we must make sure at least from our end that we remove the full installation files that are available on YourPhone exe.
- First and foremost, you will need to head to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ in Windows File Explorer.
- Now, in the folder of C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, go on to search for a folder that starts with Microsoft YourPhone.
- The name of the folder would be different according to the version of Windows that you are using on your device.
- There may be a couple of similar folder names, however, you need to find the one that has your system architecture quoted at the end of the specific folder such as eg. (x64).
- Next, simply choose the folder and click on the Delete button. This will now delete all the files that were related to the YourPhone.exe file.
- A window will now appear on your screen asking for permission (Folder Access Denied) for deleting the specific folder. Simply click on the option to Continue.
This is another way that you can opt if you want to get rid of YourPhone exe completely from your Windows 10 system.
Here, we will again make use of Windows PowerShell (Admin), however, we will need to recognize the name of the folder that consists of installation files on the YourPhone exe app.
Follow all the steps that we have provided below to do so:
- First and foremost, you will need to right-click on the start menu and launch Windows PowerShell (Admin). Alternatively, you can also choose to search it simply in the Windows search bar.
- In the window of PowerShell, just type the following:
Remove-Item -path “C:\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\Microsoft.YourPhone_1.20081.117.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe”
- Now, just hit the Enter key.
- Here, you will need to replace Microsoft.YourPhone with the specific path which must be applied on your device.
- Press Y for confirming the deletion process.
Next, you will just need to head to the exact path to confirm whether the YourPhone exe is successfully deleted.
Also, make sure to check if the specific file is still running using Task Manager.
In case it’s still running then you can infer that you have not shut it down from the background application so just keep in mind to close it from there as well, and you will need to follow the above-mentioned steps again.
Is it possible to get YourPhone.exe back on Windows 10 PC after removing it?
Now, what if you deleted the YourPhone exe file on your Windows 10 PC but wish to get it back once again on your device?
Well, the process is easy. Go on to follow all the steps mentioned below and get the file back to you:
How can I Reinstall YourPhone.exe on my Windows 10?
If you wish to reinstall the YourPhone exe file on your Windows 10 system, you will need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Step 1: First and foremost, you will need to head to the start menu on your device, and enter in Store in the search area.
- Step 2: Just Left-click on the displayed results and launch the Microsoft Store window.
- Step 3: Next, simply click on the Get option so that yourphone exe application gets downloaded and installed once again on your device.
Once you are done, just open the application to sync your mobile device with your Windows 10 PC, and voila! You are now good to go.
You can also choose to download and install the application by heading to the official website of Microsoft.
For resetting the YourPhone exe file on your Windows 10 PC, you will need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Step 1: First, go to the Start menu on your device and launch Settings.
- Step 2: Head to the option of Apps that you will be able to find in the Settings window itself.
- Step 3: It will now carry you to the page of Apps & features settings on the right-hand side of your screen, simply scroll down and search the Your Phone application.
- Step 4: You won’t be able to Uninstall the application by choosing it, so simply tap on the Advanced options.
- Step 5: Scroll down a bit and go to the Reset section that is located in the next window.
- Step 6: A window will now appear on your screen so simply press the Reset button for confirming the final process.
Now just restart your device once so that all the changes get successfully applied.
Once done, you will be able to notice that YourPhone exe is now back again on your device and is properly running in the Task Manager.
Now that you are aware of almost everything that you were supposed to know about YourPhone exe, you can easily use it whenever you wish to.
It will truly help you in saving a lot of time and you can simply take a look at the notification directly on your PC screen without having to touch your smartphone.
Yourphone.exe is not a dangerous app in any way and it certainly does not cause any kind of issues, however, if you see it eating up a lot of CPU as well as memory usage on your device, you can always choose to remove it.
You can also install it back on your device by simply using the exact steps that we mentioned above.