Dragon Age Inquisition is certainly one of the most incredible role-playing online action games available out there and features the most unique graphics.
The popular game is created by electronic arts and BioWare where they aim to provide nothing but the best fun gaming experience to their users.
However, there is a high possibility for you to come across Dragon Age Inquisition crashes during the game launch.
It is worth mentioning that you are not the only one to face that and it is a quite common complaint informed by the majority of its users.
While the game may run almost perfectly for some users on a range of platforms, most often, users trying to install the game on Windows 10 have encountered these dragon age inquisition crashes on its startup.
But you don’t have to worry because we’ve got you covered! In this article, we are going to provide you with some of the most effective tricks that will prove to be very helpful for you when Origin Dragon Age Inquisition won’t launch on your Windows 10 Device.
But before we go on to start listing all the Dragon Age Inquisition Crashes solutions and suggestions, it is important to first be aware of the actual causes as to why the game crashes on its startup.
- Why Does Dragon Age Inquisition crash on Windows 10 Devices?
- How can I fix the Dragon Age Inquisition Crash on Startup Issues?
- Fix Solution Dragon Age Inquisition Opens then Closes
- Fix 1: Changing the Launch Settings
- Fix 2: Uninstalling or Disabling 3D Vision
- Fix 3: Disabling the Built-in Origins Menu
- Fix 4: Disabling the Antivirus
- Fix 5: Updating the Graphics Card Driver
- Fix 6: Performing A Clean Boot
- Fix 7: Using the Default Settings for Graphics
- Fix 8: Uninstalling and Reinstalling the Game
Why Does Dragon Age Inquisition crash on Windows 10 Devices?
Users trying to download the game on Windows 10 have more often come across this issue.
While the exact element that causes the Dragon Age Inquisition crashes is not certainly known, we have provided the most probable justifications for that below.
Let’s have a look:
- There are possibilities that some third-party antivirus installed on your device is most likely leading your game to crash during launch.
- Any antivirus software that may be installed on your device can be the one obstructing the dragon age inquisition from its startup.
- You may be required to reset the graphics settings on your device.
- The problem may also be arising due to the lunge bug, which results in the crashing of the game or preventing it from launching on your device.
- The game may also crash due to issues with your overclocked GPU or RAM.
- NVIDIA’s 3D vision is also a probable reason behind the crashing of the game.
- Last but not the least, the cause of Dragon Age Inquisition Crashes might be the origins menu that is in-built on the device.
So, the above-mentioned points were some of the most common causes behind the Dragon Age Inquisition Crashes.
Now, without any further ado, let’s finally learn about some of the best solutions that will help you to fix this issue on your device.
How can I fix the Dragon Age Inquisition Crash on Startup Issues?
Below, we have mentioned some of the easiest ways for you to deal with the crashing issues of the Dragon Age Inquisition on your device.
In case you miss a hack, you can always try your hands on the following one until the game can launch successfully on your device.
Fix Solution Dragon Age Inquisition Opens then Closes
Fix 1: Changing the Launch Settings
Many times, we have noticed a lot of Dragon Age Inquisition Crashes users suffering from these crashes because they fail to provide the game management permits to access the necessary device data.
The game may also end up crashing in case it’s not fully compatible with the Windows version of your device.
Here are a few settings for launching to grasp if you wish to fix the crash problem for you:
- First and foremost, launch File Explorer with the shortcut of Win + E.
- Based on the same installation location you must have selected, the installation folder of your game might be anywhere. You are most likely to discover it in the C: Drive.
- Now, just Right-click on the main DAI executable. Then, choose the option of Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab and there, click on the option of Run as Administrator.
- Now, you will also need to click on the option of “Run this program in Compatibility Mode for” and then choose your specific Windows version out of the menu that appears.
- Click on Apply and then hit on OK to confirm.
- Now, just close this window and go on to open Dragon Age Inquisition.
- In case the Dragon Age Inquisition crashes still, you must continue to the following method.
Fix 2: Uninstalling or Disabling 3D Vision
Were you fortunate enough in Dragon Age Inquisition to strike the SkyHold area, but the game, unfortunately, crashed before you could bring yourself to go?
Well, this is because you are using the 3D Vision driver. This NVIDIA driver has the proficiency to enhance your gameplay, however, it often ends up doing the negative.
Thus, if you wish to fix the crash issue in your game, you need to uninstall it right now. For Windows 10, follow the below-mentioned steps to do so:
- First of all, head to the Run command using the shortcut Win + R.
- Enter “appwiz.cpl” (without the quotes), then hit on OK. This will bring you to the section of Programs and features. Here, you can easily uninstall 3D Vision.
- Just scroll down a bit to navigate the NVIDIA 3D Vision Driver.
- Simply Right-click on this. Then choose the option of “Uninstall.”
- Now, follow all the necessary instructions that are available for you to finish off the process successfully.
- Now, try to restart your PC once and check if Dragon Age Inquisition crashes fixed or not.
The method of uninstalling 3D Vision has helped a lot of users to play the inquisition for the dragon age without any crash.
But in case this one didn’t work for you, go on to try the next strategy.
Fix 3: Disabling the Built-in Origins Menu
We presume that the majority of you reading this aren’t even aware of the in-built menu that has the potential to result in the unexpected stroke if you install the Dragon Age Inquisition from its original platform.
A lot of users say that after a menu was disabled, the Dragon age inquisition started to operate smoothly and easily, so we expect it to help you as well.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to turn this menu off on your device:
- First and foremost, you will need to log in to your Origin client for accessing the EA account.
- Choose Application Settings out of the entire main menu.
- Go to the Origin In-game tab.
- Here, you will notice the Enable Origin In-Game toggle button. Just click on it to turn this menu off.
- Now, restart your device and check if Dragon Age Inquisition crashes fixed or not.
Fix 4: Disabling the Antivirus
An antivirus of the third party that may be installed on your device is likely to obstruct the Dragon Age Inquisition and make it significantly hard to launch in the right way.
The two well-known programs that are perceived to result in game crashes are AVG and AVAST respectively.
Some other antivirus programs could also crash Dragon Age Inquisition, nonetheless.
The option to deactivate such antivirus is usually located in the advanced settings of the respective software.
You may also use the Search whitelist of Dragon Age if you wish to make it run for a specific time without any break.
You can uninstall it by simply following the below-mentioned steps if your antivirus isn’t used too frequently:
- Enter “uninstall” (without the quotes) in the navigation area that you will find on your bottom-left corner.
- Choose the option of Add or Remove Programs.
- Once the window of Apps & features opens, locate your specific third-party antivirus and just click on it.
- Click on the option to Uninstall.
- Restart the device and check if Dragon Age Inquisition crashes fixed or not.
Fix 5: Updating the Graphics Card Driver
Dragon Age Inquisition relies on the driver of your graphical card to provide an extraordinary gaming experience to you.
Thus, your game is likely to crash in case the driver is outdated. To update, you can use the Windows 10 graphics card driver by simply following the below-mentioned steps:
- First of all, you need to press the keys Windows and X on your keyboard at the same time. Then, out of the displayed list, select Device Manager.
- To go to your graphics card driver, you will need to double-click on the feature of Display Adaptors.
- Now, for graphics, you will have to Right-click on the card driver.
- After this, select the option of Update driver and then it will automatically update it.
Fix 6: Performing A Clean Boot
Many times, a lot of applications installed on our device may end up in a dispute with the inquisition of dragon age, which may result in crashing the game during the startup process.
It is perhaps a bit tough to specify the exact application that conflicts with the game, where a fresh boot takes place.
A fresh boot helps to reduce the running software of the device to assist you in finding one that results in the device crashing.
This easy step-by-step guide will show you how to boot cleanly on Windows 10:
- Enter “run” (without the quotes) in the Windows navigation bar, and then click on the option of Open that you will see on the right-side menu that pops up.
- You can either type or just copy and paste the command “MSConfig” (without the quotes) on this open window. Then hit on OK.
- Select the option of Selective startup.
- Check the option of Load System Services and deselect Load Startup Items.
- Also, make sure to check on the Use Original Boot Configuration box in case it isn’t selected already.
- Go to the Services tab and check the box of Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Choose the option of Disable all.
- Click on the Apply button, followed by the next OK option.
- Restart your device and check if Dragon Age Inquisition crashes fixed or not.
Fix 7: Using the Default Settings for Graphics
We understand that you must be looking for the perfect gameplay experience, however, it may crash unexpectedly while operating Dragon Age inquisition with high graphics.
You must try to use the automatic graphics settings on your device if you wish to prevent this issue.
The following steps will help you in doing so:
- Use the shortcut of Windows + I to launch Settings on your device.
- Choose the option of System.
- Click on Graphics Settings that you might be seeing at the bottom.
- Now, out of the drop-down menu, select the Classic app.
- Click on the Browse button to locate Dragon Age Inquisition, and then click on the option of Add.
- Launch Options, then choose System default. Now, click on the Save button.
- Restart your device for applying the changes and check if Dragon Age Inquisition crashes fixed or not
Fix 8: Uninstalling and Reinstalling the Game
If none of the above-mentioned hacks that we provided were able to fix the crash issue in the Dragon Age Inquisition, the only way left now is to reinstall the game.
A lot of users find this one to be pure magic as their issue got instantly fixed when they tried to uninstall the game and reinstalled it again.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to uninstall and reinstall the game.
Steps to Uninstall:
- Open your Origin client and log in to the EA account.
- Click on the My Games tab that you must be seeing on your screen. Now, right-click on Dragon Age Inquisition.
- Select the option to Uninstall from the displayed menu.
Steps To Reinstall :
- Log in to your EA account.
- Open the tab of My Game Library to install the Dragon age inquisition.
- Open the game and check if Dragon Age Inquisition crashes fixed or not.
Dragon Age Inquisition is a pretty interesting game that millions of users are enjoying today. Yet, when the game begins to crash during startup, this becomes unlikely.
Luckily for you, this guide provided you with all the methods on how to fix Dragon Age Inquisition crashes effectively at the start-up.
In case you have tried your hands on all the hacks that we mentioned above, and are still facing the crash issue, then you must go on to ask an expert to figure out how to fix the problem for your device.
In such cases, your machine may possess a substantial hidden issue.