If you are an avid Instagram user, you would know by now that stories on the Instagram app disappear immediately after the completion of 24 hours.
And in case you do not end up saving or archiving them beforehand, you will most certainly lose all the effort that you had put into designing your gorgeous Instagram story Download.
If you wish to prevent this from happening, and ensure that you never miss your lovely Instagram story, we have provided a few simple methods for you below that you can easily use to protect your stories on the Instagram app and you can easily Instagram Story Download in your phone.
About Instagram Stories
When the famous Instagram app had introduced its Stories feature in 2016, a lot of people had numerous doubts revolving around it.
The greatly thriving Snapchat application was completely created on the Stories feature and a lot of people assumed Instagram’s Story version to most likely fail.
However, instead of failing, the feature has barely taken a year for the digit of Instagram Stories to outdo Snapchat stories.
In accordance to how the majority of the people wish to get everything in just one place, Instagram Stories came to be a tremendous success for the developers.
In 2019, the Stories feature on Instagram saw an incredible growth to over 500 million everyday users in comparison to Snapchat which merely has 173 million.
That is about half of the total one billion daily users of the Instagram app. Moreover, half of all companies on Instagram created a story in the recent month.
Instagram users that are under the age of 25 increased their average everyday usage of Instagram Story Download to 32 minutes whereas the users above 25 increased it to 24 minutes a day.
Having said that, it only makes sense for Mark Zuckerberg, the CEO of the popular platform to call Instagram Stories one of the biggest game-changing features from Facebook.
All in all, Instagram Stories is the way to go, whether you are a regular user trying to promote a personal brand, or a firm seeking to transform some Instagram Users into their clients.
A lot of people have learned to use the Instagram app expertly by now, as it has certainly secured its place as a vital part of the social media marketing policy.
Now with that comes the necessity to save various kinds of images as well as videos from one’s account, along with others’ accounts on Instagram.
Instagram Story Download
While the application doesn’t provide its users the option to save Instagram stories from any other account for privacy purposes, a lot of times there may be valid motives for needing to do the same which does not inevitably pertain to a violation of the privacy of the user.
For example, one might be involved in a video that got posted on the Instagram story Download of another user’s account that you wish to save.
Another example could be that one might wish to reuse an Instagram story of an office colleague for business motives.
In this article, we are going to look at five different ways that will help you to save not just your Instagram Stories, but also stories of other accounts on Instagram too on both iOS as well as Android devices, along with your computer.
The following are the 5 ways of how to save or download stories on the Instagram app:
- Save Instagram stories on a web-based application
- Archive Instagram stories on the Instagram app itself
- Manually save certain Instagram stories to your phone’s Camera roll
- Save Instagram stories in the ‘Highlights’ section
- Share the Instagram story as an Instagram post
Now, we will be breaking down each one of these simple methods for you and tell you exactly how to use some of the most effective Instagram story downloader tools:
5 Best Ways to Instagram Story Download Tricks 2021
1. Save Instagram stories on a web-based application
If you wish to ensure that your Instagram stories get properly saved on a web-based app, and are also accessible at any point in time, we recommend you to try a truly effective tool called EmbedStories.
It is a professional instrument that will make sure that all of your desired Instagram stories get automatically downloaded as well as saved.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to use this tool as your online downloader for Instagram Story Download and save all your stories on a web-based application:
- Firstly, you will need to sign in to Embed Stories or in most cases, just create an account.
- Next, link your Facebook account
- Now allow the tool to get access to your respective Instagram account.
- Click on the option of ‘Select source‘ that you will find next to the specific Instagram account from where you wish the tool to retrieve the Instagram stories.
- And you’re done!
Once you are done completing all of the above-mentioned steps, the active Instagram story Download from the specified Instagram account will get displayed in the section of ‘My stories‘.
2. Archive Instagram stories on the Instagram app itself
This method is truly a great way to save your Instagram stories as it is provided as an in-built setting in the Instagram application itself.
It allows the user to activate the option of Archive that will automatically be saving all the stories that you will post on your Instagram account.
To activate this option, simply follow all the steps mentioned below:
- First and foremost, launch the Instagram app on your device and login to your account. Now, click on the ‘Settings’ option.
- Click on the option of ‘Story Settings‘
- In the section of ‘Saving’, just activate the option of ‘Save to Archive‘ ( if you are an Android user) or ‘Save to Camera Roll‘ ( if you are an iOS user).
And that’s it. Now, your Instagram story Download will get saved in the section of Archive in the app every time you will post anything on your story.
And from here, you can save your Instagram stories into your phone’s Camera Roll with great ease.
Now, for accessing this particular section and viewing your saved Instagram stories, you will need to follow all the steps provided below:
- First, launch the Instagram app and login to your account. Now click on the option of ‘Archive’.
- The Archive section will be displayed on your screen where you will be able to see all your Instagram stories that will be organized by date.
- Now all your stories will always remain saved right in your Instagram account.
One of the most important benefits of having your Instagram stories saved in the section of Archive is the prospective likelihood to repost or simply re-use these stories for creating Highlights on your Instagram Stories.
3. Manually save certain Instagram stories to your phone’s camera roll
In case you do not wish to save every Instagram story to your phone’s Camera Roll, you can also manually choose to download a specific story.
To do so, just follow all the simple steps provided below:
- Go to the Instagram app and view your active Instagram story at the moment.
- Next, you will need to tap on the 3 dots that you will find at the bottom of the Instagram story and click on the option to ‘Save’.
- Select the option of ‘Save Photo/Video’ for saving the individual picture or video Instagram stories, or
- select the option of ‘Save Story’ for saving everything that is currently posted on your Instagram story Download in a single video.
This method is also highly simple, however, it just requires you to download each of the Instagram stories manually once they have been posted.
Keep in mind that the format of the Instagram story Download that you will save is going to be a vertical video.
4. Save Instagram stories in the ‘Highlights’ section
This was one of the most successful upgrades of stories on the Instagram app that allows the users to create Instagram Highlight sections on their account from all the stories after they have even disappeared.
The Highlights sections can easily be viewed by other Instagram Accounts and operate a little similar to Pinterest boards.
The whole concept behind Stories Highlights on the Instagram app is that users can create themed Story highlights where they can save as well as publicly store their Instagram stories and posts that they think are worth other people’s attention.
Here is how you can save your story on Instagram in the section of Highlights:
- Launch the Instagram app on your device and login to your account. Now, Open the particular active Instagram story or simply go to the section of your Stories Archive and tap on the option of saved stories.
- Click on the icon of Highlights that you will find at the bottom of your screen.
- You can either select a Highlight category or simply ‘Add new’.
- And you’re done!
Now your Instagram story Download will be displayed in the section of your Highlight just below all your details on the Instagram profile page.
You can also build a Highlight of the archived Instagram stories just by following all the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to your Instagram profile and in Stories Highlight, simply click on the + icon that you will find below your profile details.
- Click to choose an Instagram story or stories that you wish to add to your highlights, and then click on the option of Next.
- Select a gorgeous cover photo and type in a story name for that specific highlight, and then click on the option of Add.
You can also choose to add even more photos or videos to your Instagram highlight if you want to, at any point in time by simply tapping Edit Highlight.
How can I save full Highlight in a single video?
This is probably one of the most crucial options that are already provided on the native Instagram application.
For saving the complete Highlight in a single click, you must follow all the steps provided below:
- First and foremost, you will need to launch the Instagram app on your device and go to your profile. Now, click on any Instagram Highlight.
- Click on the option of people photos that are available in the bottom left corner or you can simply swipe up.
- Now tap on the top bar icon to download.
The entire Highlight will now get converted into a single video and downloaded to your phone’s Camera Roll.
With this method, you can easily share any of your Instagram stories on your feed and also at the same time, save them in your Instagram account.
To do so and share any story of yours as a post on Instagram, just follow the steps below:
- First, go to the Instagram app on your device and log in to your account.
- View whatever your active story is.
- Next, tap on the 3 dots that you will see at the bottom of the Instagram story and click on the option of “Save”.
- Select the option of Share as Post.
- That’s it! Now the Instagram story Download image or video will be appearing on your Instagram feed and all of your followers will be able to see it in their feeds just like it is with any other Instagram post.
How to save Instagram stories of other people’s accounts
If you wish to save Instagram stories of other people, you need to keep in mind that there is no official option provided by the Instagram app to save other accounts’ Instagram stories.
However, if for any purpose you wish to save someone else’s story on Instagram then you may try using the following methods:
1. Instagram story saver
Try to find some mobile applications on your Google Play Store (if you are an Android user) or Apple App Store (if you are an iOS user) for a story saver application for Instagram that will work to fetch other peoples’ Instagram stories.
Normally, online Instagram story downloaders like these will request from you to enter your Instagram username and then click on the option of download to save an Instagram story.
2. Screenshotting an Instagram story Download (Not advised)
The user can always choose to take a screenshot and keep a picture of the Instagram story of any account if they want to but this is merely a cutline of the format of the story and it will not help in case you wish to save any videos on other people’s Instagram story Download unless you make use of a video recorder application.
Also, one may wonder if the Instagram app notifies the other person about screenshots of their stories?
Well, no. As of now, in case you take a screenshot of Instagram stories that are posted by any other account on the app, Instagram will not notify them in any way that you’ve taken a screenshot.
Talking about live videos on Instagram Stories, all the similar applications function in truly the exact way.
You can, regardless, save the Instagram story Download just like any other normal video, but keep in mind that Instagram’s live stories usually end up being much longer and may take up a lot of storage space on your respective device.
Another very easy way of downloading a live streaming Instagram video is to simply keep recording it as it plays on the screen of your device.
There are plenty of screen recording applications that are available for both desktops as well as mobile users. For iOS users, the iOS Control Center features a built-in recording feature which means that you don’t even have to install any third-party app on your device.
For Android users, one of the most effective free applications that are available is DU Recorder, which is a screen recorder as well as a video editor with a lot of beneficial features.
This was all about saving Instagram stories of your as well as other people’s Instagram accounts. All the methods that we mentioned above are simple and require barely any time or effort on your part.
Now, saving Instagram stories has been made easier than ever!