If you are an active Instagram user, we presume that you usually come across various Instagram reels that you wish to download for later on your device.
While Instagram reels video download has not been made officially possible, you can find a lot of third-party applications as well as websites that will help you to do so.
The official Instagram application allows its users to save some of their favorite Reels on the app merely to their Instagram accounts to view them offline.
However, downloading these Instagram Reels on your mobile device isn’t something that has been made possible yet, at least officially by the Instagram application.
Reels are specifically a kind of substitution by Instagram for the formerly popular, TikTok application. Just like TikTok, with Instagram reels, users get to record plenty of short clips with numerous kinds of visual as well as audio effects.
Instagram app has also recently announced that users will now be able to record reels of up to 60 seconds rather than the formerly offered 30 seconds.
Moreover, Adam Mosseri who is the Head of the application recently disclosed that the application will move forward from being just a photo-sharing app and aspire to become a platform where all kinds of people come “to be entertained.”
Time will tell what more has in store for you all but for now, Instagram reels have been trending at a great place all around the globe.
So without any further ado, let’s now look at the top 5 best ways to Instagram reels video download 2021. Let’s take a look at how you can download your favorite Reels videos from the app.
About Instagram reels Video Download
Instagram Reels were introduced in the 8th month of 2020, shortly after the Central government of India declared a ban on the famous short-videos sharing application, TikTok.
While Reels were originally introduced with merely a 15-second window, the app developers extended it up to 30 seconds soon enough, and more recently, it has been increased to 60 seconds.
Through this outstanding feature, content creators are now able to record short as well as highly entertaining videos similar to TikTok, together with full-fledged visual as well as audio effects, and some newly introduced creative tools.
Users can also pick any music that they like from the official Instagram music library along with various other features such as AR effects, countdown, timers, align, as well as video speed for creating some of the most extraordinary short videos.
Besides, this Facebook-owned social media application has established an entirely new domain for Instagram Reels within the application, where creators can go to browse the innovative and entertaining videos that have been uploaded by other global creators.
Top 5 Best Ways To Instagram Reels Video Download 2021
As most of you would already know, Instagram Reels can officially be saved only on the official application and will also need the users to have a stable internet connection for them to access and view.
In case you wish to get access to Instagram Reels video download on your mobile device, there are a few workarounds that you can try.
Below, we have mentioned a list of the top five best ways that include some of the most effective apps as well as websites that will help the users in downloading Instagram Reel videos on their Android mobile device, iPhone, as well as even on your PC.
Best Tools To Instagram Reels Video Download 2021
- Reels Downloader on Android
- InSaver App on iOS
Now let’s have a closer look at each one of them in detail:
Reels Downloader – Instagram Reels video download on Android mobile device
Android has always been a great host of applications that allows its users to download Instagram Reel videos right on their mobile devices.
Nonetheless, the majority of these applications might have skeptical permissions or probably even your Instagram account credentials as their basic requirements, which we don’t need to say is quite an unsafe business.
The Reels Downloader for Android is a tiny application that has fetched more than 5 lakh downloads on the Google Play Store as well as a remarkable rating of 4.5 stars.
When we tested the application, it worked as it aspired to. The following are all the steps that we have provided for you to download your favorite Instagram Reel on your device.
- First and foremost, you will need to head to Google Play Store on your Android Mobile device and download the app called Reels Downloader.
- Once it has been successfully downloaded, just go to the Instagram application.
- Go to the Instagram reels video that you wish to download on your device.
- Now click on the three-dot icon that you will find in the bottom left of your screen below the paper plane icon.
- Click on the option of Copy Link.
- Now, head back to the application of Reels Downloader that you had just downloaded.
- Paste the link in the tab that you had just copied, in the application, and click on the option of Download.
- The Instagram Reel video will now be saved on your Android mobile device in the default Downloads folder.
InsTake – Instagram Reels video download on iPhone
InsTake for Instagram is an amazing application that allows iPhone users to download Instagram Reels videos directly on their mobile devices.
InsTake is one of the most effective iOS applications that you can use for downloading any kind of Instagram media including Instagram Reels directly on your iOS device.
The clean, as well as the simple user interface of this application and the ease of use, have together made it gain an impressive rating of 4.7 stars from more than 4,500 ratings on the App Store.
You can simply follow all the easy steps that we have provided below for downloading some of your favorite Reels on the Instagram app with the help of InsTake.
- First and foremost, you will need to head to the App Store on your iPhone and download an application called InsTake – for the Instagram app.
- Once it has successfully been downloaded on your device, go to the Instagram application.
- Open the Instagram reels video that you wish to download on your device.
- Click on the three-dot icon that you will find right below the paper plane icon to the bottom left of your screen.
- Click on the option of Copy Link.
- Close the Instagram app and go to the InsTake app that you just downloaded on your device.
- Paste the URL of the Instagram reel you just copied in the download box on the app.
- Hit the Download button.
Inflact/Ingramer – Instagram Reels video download on Android, iPhone, and PC
Inflact, which is also known as Ingramer, is another tool available online that allows users to download all kinds of content that is available on a profile on the Instagram app in one go.
Inflact/Ingramer is arguably among the best as well as the most popular platforms that are available out there for downloading Instagram content that may include anything from the feed posts to videos, as well as others like Instagram Reels.
What makes this website stand out from the crowd is the fact that it is functional with almost different social media platforms too.
Inflact also offers a premium subscription membership plan, which allows the users to download the complete content that is available on a profile on Instagram.
During our experiment, this website functioned well on both the MacBook as well as Surface Laptop 3 too, which implies that users can use the website for Instagram Reels video download on Windows as well as Mac.
Below, we have mentioned all the steps that you must follow for using Ingramer/Inflact to properly download Instagram Reels on your device.
- First and foremost, you will need to launch the Instagram app on your device and log in with your credentials.
- Now go to the specific Instagram Reels video that you want to download on your device.
- Click on the three-dot icon that you must be able to see below the paper plane icon right in the bottom left.
- Now click on the option of Copy Link.
- Next, go to Inflact/Ingramer website.
- Click on the option of Download Video here.
- Paste the URL of the Instagram reel that you just copied in the box below.
- Now tap on the Search option.
- The website page will now display all the desired Instagram Reels to you.
- Click on the option of Download and the video will now be saved on your mobile device or laptop.
Instadp – download Instagram Reels on Android, iPhone, and PC
Fourth on our list is Instadp that helps its users in downloading various kinds of content such as Instagram reels, videos, photos, as well as profile pictures of any account on Instagram.
This website is one of the most convenient ways to download Instagram Reels videos as well as Instagram stories.
Apart from that, it also allows the users to download profile pictures, videos, as well as photos on the Instagram app.
Moreover, you can count on this website for downloading TikTok Videos as well.
In an experiment, an attempt was made to download an Instagram Reels video on Windows as well as Macbook too, and the website worked just as intended.
You can follow all the steps that we have provided below if you wish to download the Instagram Reels of your favorite Instagram creator using Instadp.
- Firstly, you will have to launch the Instagram app on your mobile device.
- Now go to the Instagram Reels video that you wish to download on your device.
- Click on the three-dot icon that you will find below the paper plane icon right in the bottom left.
- Tap on the option of Copy Link.
- Next, launch the specific browser on your mobile device.
- Go to Instadp.
- Now you will need to scroll a bit below and then you will be able to see various options for download.
- Click on the option of Instagram Reels Downloader.
- Paste the link of the Instagram reels in the box that you just copied and tap on the icon of a magnifying glass.
- Next, click on the option of Continue.
- Finish off the captcha.
- You will now be able to see the option for downloading the Instagram Reels video.
iGram.io – download Instagram Reels on Android, iPhone, and PC
iGram.io is perhaps one of the best-looking Instagram content downloaders that we have ever come across.
The website features the brand aurora color palette of the original Instagram logo as well as a minimal user interface.
iGram.io is an all-in-one Instagram downloader, which implies that users can copy as well as paste any type of link from the Instagram app in their universal download tab and start with the downloading process.
In an experiment, it was pretty simple to download Instagram content on both Windows as well as Mac, in case you want to download Instagram reels on PC.
- First and foremost, launch the Instagram app on your mobile device or PC.
- Go to the Instagram Reels video that you plan on downloading.
- Click on the three-dot icon that you will find below the paper plane icon in your bottom left.
- Click on the option of Copy Link.
- Now, go to the browser on your device.
- Go to the iGram.io website.
- Paste the copied link in the displayed box that you would be seeing on the top.
- Click on the Download button.
- Wait for a while for the website page to pick and display the Instagram Reels video.
- Click on the option of Download .mp4 to start with the process of downloading the Instagram reels video.
This entirely depends on your intent behind saving or downloading the Instagram Reels video on your device.
In case you are downloading the specific content merely for personal consumption on your mobile device for saving your data, it is not illegal at all.
Nonetheless, in case someone downloads the Instagram Reels video to share the video commercially as well as make money out of it, it becomes completely illegal.
Thus, as long as one is downloading these Instagram reels videos for personal consumption, it does not make it illegal.
Instagram Reels video download: FAQs
1. How to use Instagram reels?
It is pretty easy to use Instagram Reels as well as straightforward. You can record reels directly from the separate Reels section on the Instagram application or you can also choose to use any previously recorded video on your mobile device and turn it into Instagram Reel.
Below, we have mentioned all the steps that will help you in doing so;
- Launch the Instagram application on your mobile device.
- In case you haven’t signed up or logged in, please do so. As soon as you open the app, you will be able to see your feed.
- Now you need to swipe right to be able to head to the Instagram camera.
- Click on the option of Reels that you may be seeing at the bottom of your screen.
- Swipe up to get access to your phone gallery.
- Choose the video that you wish to post in your Instagram Reels and make the required adjustments to it.
2. Why did the Instagram app delete my Reel?
Instagram does not ever remove any kind of content on the app without any reason.
In case your Reel on the app has been discarded by the platform, it may be because a great number of users have reported your specific content, or you failed to obey the Instagram community guidelines.
Another reason may be your linked email address or contact number that has not been verified by you on the app.
3. What is the maximum length to post Instagram Reel videos?
Initially, Instagram Reels was launched with a brief 15-second setup. This however got extended then to 30 seconds giving the growing popularity of the social media platform.
Now, most recently, the duration has even been extended to up to 60 seconds.
4. Is it possible to download Reels videos from a private Instagram account?
Unfortunately, there is no way that you can download any kind of content from a private Instagram account on the app, including Instagram Reel videos unless you are a follower of that specific account.
If you are following a private Instagram account, you will easily be able to get access to the URL link for downloading it.