Roblox is a growing site that attracts millions of global users every month.
However, certain errors can appear at times that can be very annoying to anyone playing games on Roblox.
In this article, we will be addressing Roblox Error Code 277 and its fix.
Roblox is an excellent virtual platform where users around the globe come to develop as well as enjoy millions of 3D games. Roblox refers to itself as an “Imagination Platform“.
It was created as well as released in 2007. Based on an online survey, an average of 64 million users use this platform every month.
One can install Roblox on their Android device, iOS mobile device, tablet, and so on. The site was created by gamers who understand the significance of likes as well as dislikes of other players.
This is why Roblox is not just a gaming platform, but also a site for gamers to interact with other gamers from any piece of the globe.
On this platform, users can also select their companions from either their real-life pals or virtual adventurers.
Roblox Error Code 277
While Roblox is one of the most reputed platforms amongst young players, parental guidance is recommended.
It is one of the nicest gaming platforms, however, it also comes with certain drawbacks. Errors in gaming applications are one of such drawbacks.
One of the very crucial errors that you must have faced on Roblox is Roblox error code 277. If you are someone who has faced that, then don’t worry, because we’ve got you covered!
We have assembled the below-mentioned guide to assist you in discarding this annoying Roblox error code 277.
However, before moving any further, let us first know a bit about some of the most important yet fundamental aspects of Roblox Error Code 277.
How you get Roblox Error Code 277?
All the players that regularly play Roblox are usually annoyed by error code 277 Roblox. This error primarily arises on Windows devices.
Now since the game developers of the Roblox site haven’t yet provided or perhaps come up with an official Error code 277 Roblox to get rid of this error, this error has become even more troublesome.
It doesn’t make a difference whether you are about to join the game or in the middle of it, this error can occur anywhere, at any point in time.
In such a situation, you can either choose to quit the Roblox site or retry. Nonetheless, in case you choose to retry, it is only going to bring you to facing the same error again and again.
Thus, you will need to leave it midway anyway.
Causes of Roblox Error Code 277
The substantial explanation behind the error code 277 Roblox is unknown. However, the players usually attribute this error to a bad internet connection.
A lot of users have also said that Roblox error code 277 occurs because of a false port that their router uses to connect with the game.
It is also assumed that the Error Code 277 Roblox might be a consequence of the crash down of the servers of the Roblox site.
In such a situation, the player has no other choice left than only attempting to either reconnect or shift to a new server.
This often leads to only the setback of the players. Even the creators of Roblox are well-acquainted with this problem, and they say that they are still working on it.
It is nearly impossible to state only one cause behind the Roblox error code 277.
Whether it is some kind of malware infection, bad internet connection, or router bot, this annoying error can occur due to any of these above-mentioned reasons or probably more.
This is why we are going to provide you with Error code 277 Roblox fix that includes some easy as well as simple methods to fix the Roblox Error Code 277.
To understand which method is more adequate for you, you will need to read the entire guide that is mentioned below until it reaches the end!
1. Editing Compatibility Mode in Roblox Settings
Usually, the incompatibility of the version of your Windows and the game may be the primary cause behind why this Roblox error code 277 is appearing on your device.
For fixing this error, you will need to edit your Roblox compatibility mode. For that, simply follow all the steps that we have provided below:
- Launch the Roblox application by just right-clicking on the icon on your screen.
- Head over to the Properties.
- In this section, tap on the Compatibility tab.
- After you’re done with this, you will see an option called “Run this program in compatibility mode for:”. Just tick it off.
- You will be able to see a drop down menu on your screen after the previous step.
- From this menu, tap on the version of Windows that you’d wish to use for the app.
- Select to Apply the settings.
- Now, reconnect to the Roblox platform, and check if this method was successful in fixing the error code 277 Roblox for you or not.
2. Operating the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter
For using this method, you will need to follow the simple steps that we have provided below:
- Tap on the icon of Windows Start.
- In the navigation bar, enter “Run”.
- Out of the results appearing on your screen, just tap on the appropriate search result.
- Tap on the option of “Run programs created for the previous version of Windows.”
- Now, you will be able to see an option called “Next” on your screen. Just tap on it.
- Now, you will need to allow the troubleshooter to search the compatibility issues between the app and the Windows version.
- Once this process of scanning has finished, you will see a clear list of all the apps that are not compatible with your existing Windows version.
- Out of this list, select Roblox and just click on it.
- Then click on the option of Next.
- Select the troubleshooting program that you wish to choose. Make sure that it suits all your necessities the best.
- Once you are done with this, just click on the option of “Test the program.”
3. Deleting Roblox Logs
Just like any other application on your device, the Roblox app also stocks an enormous quantity of undue files on the device.
These files not only take up a huge portion of memory on your device but also result in a lot of glitches as well as errors while operating the application.
This is why it becomes highly important to keep up with getting rid of this excessive data saved on your device by the application.
To do so, you will need to follow all the easy steps that we have provided below:
- To open the Run dialog on the device, hit both the keys Ctrl as well as R at the same time.
- In the dialog box that appears, enter %localappdata%\Roblox\logs, and hit the Enter key.
- Click on Ctrl + A to choose all the files.
- Once you are done with this, press the keys Shift + Del simultaneously. This will completely discard all the excess unnecessary files from the memory of the device.
- Once again, you will now have to go to the dialog box.
- After launching the dialog box, go to the following profile: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\RbxLogs\
- Repeat step 3, and you are all ready to retry connecting to the Roblox platform and check whether the Roblox error code 277 has been fixed for you or not.
4. Shifting to a New Network
As we mentioned earlier as well, one of the primary causes of the Roblox error code 277 is probably a faulty port that must be attached to your Wi-Fi connection.
Based on a survey, a lot of users of the Roblox app said that they were dealing with the Roblox Error Code 277 while being attached to a specific router.
However, then when they shifted their connection to some other Wifi connection, the Roblox application started to run just as fine without any error shown.
So, in case you are experiencing the Roblox error code 277 while you have connected to maybe the internet connection in your home or office, try to shift to a stable data connection.
This should be effective. In case it is not, try to use the following method/methods.
5. Updating your Browser
In case you are playing the online Roblox game while using Internet Explorer or perhaps any other browser, keep in mind to check that your browser is updated.
In case it is not, it will bring about Roblox error code 277 on your device while using the Roblox app. This is why it is crucial to keep updating the version of your browser that you’re using on your device.
Make sure to always keep an eye out for any latest updates, and update your browser according to that.
Note: Not just in the case of the Roblox application, however, any outdated browser is deemed to give rise to plenty of different errors in many other applications on your device as well.
Once you are done updating your browser, check whether the Roblox app on your device is still displaying the Roblox error code 277 or not. In case it doesn’t work, you can try to use a different browser.
6. Getting rid of any Ad-Blockers
High-security settings on our devices also can often lead to plenty of errors in many applications.
As nice as the features of a specific ad-blocker might seem to you, unfortunately, not all of them are being completely truthful with their users or their devices.
There is anyhow a high possibility of getting the device corrupted because of some viruses that your ad-blocker might carry along with it.
Keep in mind that any ad is always better than software viruses on your device!
Thus, if you are encountering the Error Code 277 Roblox, try to disable all the ad-blockers on your device together with any other add-on that you may be using.
Once You’re done with this, go back to the Roblox app to check if the error code 277 is still occurring or not.
7. Reinstalling the Roblox app
In case none of the above-mentioned methods helped you, unfortunately, it means that you will need to reinstall the Roblox app on the device you are using.
To do so, you will have to follow the clear and simple steps that we have provided below.
All of these steps will help you to delete the Roblox app on your device, and reinstalling a fresh version of the app just like a pro.
So, let’s have a look How to fix Roblox Error Code 277:
- Launch your respective Roblox account.
- Once you’ve done that, you will now need to log out of this account.
- Go to the Windows navigation bar, and look for Programs and Features.
- Tap on the icon of Programs and Features from the appeared search results.
- Out of the list that’d be displayed after tapping on the option of Programs and features, search the Roblox application.
- Once found, simply right-click on it and go on to uninstall this application.
- Once the program has successfully been uninstalled, go to the official website of Roblox.
- After this, just log in to your existing Roblox account.
- To re-install the file back to your device, you will need to click on the option of Download Now.
- Once it has been successfully downloaded, run it for installation.
- Open the app has properly been installed on your device, check whether it is fixed Roblox Error Code 277 or not.
Roblox is a popular platform amongst millions of players around the globe. It is very much suitable for both youngsters as well as adults.
Errors in such games are pretty likely to occur. If you are facing the Roblox Error Code 277, this might happen because of a lot of reasons such as the router complication, outdated browser editions, excessive file storage, bad internet connection, and so on.
For error code 277 Roblox fix, you must try to use the above-mentioned methods one after one until you can discover the one that suits your specific situation the best!
However, in case you still face the same error in Roblox, then we advise you to visit a professional technician that will most probably be beneficial in this respect.