Roblox is one of the most popular platforms available online to create games as well as play a great number of other multiplayer games that are designed by other Roblox members.
The platform was launched in 2005 and since then, it has gradually reached where it is today with quality and service.
It has certainly made playing games a lot more fun for many users. You will find Roblox on the majority of the platforms, including Android, iOS, Windows, Xbox, and others (excluding macOS).
Many users of this software often come across a problem when using Roblox where they are not able to connect to the server. This problem that they face is Roblox error code 279 and it generally pertains to connection issues in the software.
Error code 279 Roblox may be caused by a lot of factors that include the Windows Firewall, slow connection or an issue existing in the game that you are trying to connect, and a few more.
In this article, we will be discussing everything about error code 279 Roblox including its causes and fixes. If you’re someone facing Roblox error code 279 id=17, read the entire article and carefully follow the below-mentioned methods.
Also Read – How To Fix Roblox Error Code 267Also Read – Roblox Ro Ghoul Codes
What is Roblox error code 279
Roblox error code 279, in simple words, is an error of connection failure where the user is not able to connect to the server of any game. If Roblox is failing to load any of the games, you are most probably going to notice an error message notifying you of the Roblox error code 279 id=17.
What causes the Roblox error code 279
The primary cause behind Roblox error code 279 may be Windows Firewall, slow internet connection, and others. This error may also occur when ROBLOX is experiencing a Downtime.
- Windows Firewall: Windows Firewall issues are generally the primary reason behind all the ROBLOX Errors that users face. A slow internet connection can be another cause behind error code 279 Roblox.
- Big Game: When the user is playing a very big game on Roblox using a poor internet connection, the game is most likely to display Roblox error code 279 id=17. Because of the poor internet connection, the map of the particular game may take up a lot of time to properly load. In that case, try to be patient and give it some time to load completely. If you try quitting or rejoining the server without quitting properly, you are most likely to come across the error.
- Empty Game: If the map of the specific game you want to play is taking time to load, give it a little time. However, if it’s taking too long, it is likely that the specific game is empty and doesn’t comprise any stuff. In this situation, quit that game and rather go on to playing other games in the app.
How to fix error code 279 Roblox
Roblox error code 279 can be frustrating for the users when it shows up constantly. You can also take a quick look at whether the software itself is experiencing downtime or not.
If that’s not the case, don’t worry. Like all the other Roblox errors, this one can also be fixed by employing a few methods. Make sure that you follow each one of the provided methods carefully.
Fix Roblox error code 279 on Windows 10
Method 1: Using Chrome as your Default Browser
You are likely to come across error 279 if you try playing the games with an untrusted or outdated browser. Therefore, you should choose a trusted browser as your default option.
We recommend that you choose Google Chrome as Chrome is certainly the top best-trusted browser available worldwide.
Method 2: Allowing ROBLOX manually through Windows Firewall
As we also mentioned earlier, the windows firewall is one of the primary causes behind error code 279. In this case, try to close your browser first, and then for a short while, turn off the windows firewall. Now open any game in Roblox. In case you don’t see the error now, it means that it is fixed and you can sit back and relax! However, if it still occurs, then follow all the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the Search option and enter ‘Windows Defender Firewall’.
- On the left end of the panel, you will see the option of Turn Windows Defender Firewall on/off.
- Click on the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall for Private as well as Public sections. Hit OK.
Method 3: Disabling Browser Extensions
Some browser extensions such as AdBlocker may prevent you from playing games on Roblox. No website would wish for its users to obstruct the source of their income. Roblox approves of it and hence, it doesn’t allow you to play games in this situation.
Therefore, in this case, it is advisable that you try disabling the browser extensions and then launch the game.
Method 4: Resetting the Options on the Default Browser
Resetting all the internet options on your default browser can also help you fix Roblox error code 279. Many users find this particular method very effective and recommend it to others. To reset the options on your browser, follow the below-mentioned steps carefully:
- Go to your default browser. (We recommend Google Chrome.)
- Click on the geared icon and go to the Internet options.
- Move to Advanced options where you will see the Reset option. Simply click on it.
- Now close your Browser entirely.
- Try to run ROBLOX and see if the error still occurs or not.
Method 5: Port Forwarding
To get rid of Roblox error code 279, you will need to open the necessary ports for the app. This error may be occurring if the ports are not opened to a reasonable range on the network. Remember to check the stability of your internet connection before you go on to start with port forwarding.
For port forwarding, the following are the steps that you need to follow:
- Start by opening the control panel on your router and sign in as Administrator.
- Go to the section of port forwarding and then type in your system’s IP address.
- Type in the port range: UDP 49152 65535.
- Choose UDP as the protocol.
- Once you have completed these steps, restart the Router.
- Try using ROBLOX and see if the error is still bothering you or not.
Method 6: Disabling Antivirus
If you have been playing games for a while now, you would know that many antiviruses do not allow certain games on your device. In this situation, you will need to disable your antivirus on your PC. It is entirely your choice whether you want to disable the antivirus permanently or merely for a limited amount of time.
Once you have done that, check whether the issue is still troubling you. If it still occurs, try reinstalling the Roblox app.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How do I fix error 279 in Roblox?
To fix the error 279 in Roblox, you can try using google chrome as your default browser, resetting all the options on the browser, disabling browser extensions, or port forwarding. All of these methods have been tested properly and work effectively.
2. How do I fix error code 267 in Roblox?
There are many ways to fix error code 267 in Roblox. You can check your wireless connection, reset all the settings on your Internet Browser, use Chrome as your default browser, or disable any ad-blockers.
Error codes in Roblox can be extremely frustrating to face. It would be highly terrible if you are excited about your games and just as you open the app, you come across these error codes.
However, there’s nothing to worry about. These error codes are not just annoying but also easy to fix. Follow the above-mentioned methods carefully and you will be able to fix the Roblox Error code 279 easily and quickly. Have fun playing!