If you are having trouble trying to communicate with your friends in discord and you are unable to hear their voice, you’re at the right place.Follow my blog with Bloglovin
In this article, we’ve provided a few methods for you to follow and easily fix the problem of discord can’t hear anyone.
Why can’t I hear people on Discord 2021
A primary reason for the issue of discord can’t hear anyone is incorrect audio settings on the Audio Device you are using. Moreover, various bugs or updates may also affect the audio and its effectiveness of the app.
These are the only main causes if you can’t hear people in discord. This issue is normal to face and also easy to fix in just a few minutes.
We have mentioned 7 different solutions for fixing your issue of discord can’t hear anyone. Make sure that you are highly careful while performing these steps to fix the issue properly.
Fix: Can’t hear anyone on Discord Full Guide 2021
1. Turning Use Legacy Audio Subsystem on
The hardware you are using may not sometimes be compatible with the latest audio subsystem of Discord. In that case, all you need to do is head back to the legacy audio system for solving this problem. Many Discord users have got their issue resolved by turning on the option of Use Legacy Audio Subsystem.
To do so, follow the below-mentioned steps carefully:
- Launch the Discord application.
- Click on the gear icon which will take you to the User Settings. You will find it on the right-hand side of the avatar.
- Click on the option of Audio & Video.
- Keep scrolling down and you will find the option of Use Legacy Audio Subsystem.
- Turn this option on. A new dialog box will appear and hit Okay for confirmation.
- Click on the Esc button and close the app settings now. You will find this button in the right-hand corner at the top.
This will solve your problem of discord can’t hear anyone.
2. Setting the audio device as your Default Communication Device
It is important to set the audio device as your default device, however, you will also need to set it as the default communication device.
Many of you wouldn’t be aware of this as you will not find these settings on Discord but Windows. Hence, keep in mind to set your audio device as not only the default device but also the default communication device.
For setting the audio device as your default device as well as default communication device, follow all the steps provided below:
- Right-click on the sound icon in the icon tray. You will find it in the bottom right corner.
- Choose Playback Devices. This will take you to the Sound Option and the chosen Playback tab.
- Search for your audio device and right-click. This can be your headphones or the speaker.
- Now choose this as the Default Device.
- Right-click once again on the audio device and now set it as the Default Communication Device.
Once you are done, you will see a green tick mark near your audio device. In case you are unable to see the audio device on the list, follow these steps:
- On any vacant area within the Select a recording device, right-click below for changing the settings: area and check the View Disabled Devices & View Disconnected Devices option.
- In case you can’t see a Tick mark near the options, just click on the option and it will turn it on.
- Once you’re done, you will be able to find your audio device on the list that is your headphones or the speaker.
- Just right-click on the option of your audio device and choose Enable Now. Repeat the above-mentioned step.
- Click on Apply and hit Ok.
You should be able to resolve your issue once you have selected your audio device as the default device as well as the default communication device.
In case you can’t, choose the internal mic of your laptop as the default microphone as you may not be having any other installed microphone device and that will solve your issue.
3. Using appropriate Sound Output and Input
Many times, your issue may be occurring due to an inappropriate audio device chosen in the application. In that case, just choose the correct device or the default device to solve the problem.
For selecting the right audio device, follow all the steps mentioned below:
- Launch the Discord application.
- Click on the gear icon which will take you to the User Settings. You will find this on the right-hand side of the avatar.
- Click on the option of Audio & Video.
- On the top-right pane, you will find the option of Output and Input.
- Go to the drop-down list below these options and choose the appropriate audio device. In case you don’t feel certain about which one you should choose, just choose the first option.
- Now click on the Esc button to close the settings and check if it is working or not. You can also choose to try several devices from that drop-down list and then see which one is working the best for you.
4. Refreshing Discord
In case the above-mentioned methods don’t work for you, the reason behind your issue may be a software update or a bug in the Discord application. The app releases numerous updates regularly and generally, they don’t take up much time to install.
A lot of you may not have given much attention to this but the application may have been recently updated and you must be facing this issue right after because of some problem or mostly, a bug.
If that’s the case, the Discord app normally provides a new update to solve the problem or maybe a new trick to solve it. So, try to refresh your app which will be triggering the app update and solve your problem.
Just exit the Discord application and then launch it again. You can also hit CTRL+R for refreshing the app.
5. Use Web Version
One of the last resorts is using the Web version of the Discord application. You will not face this problem in the app’s web version if a bug is causing this problem for you. All you need to do is launch the web browser on your device and go to discordapp.com and your issue will be solved.
6. Modifying your server region
In some cases, it may be an effective solution to change your server region. For doing so, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click on your server to launch the server settings on your device.
- Click the option of “Overview” and then choose the “Server Region” from the dropdown list.
- Now here, choose any other region.
- Click on the option of “Save Changes” and see if you are still facing the problem.
7. Changing the volume of Discord by volume mixer
Volume Mixer on Windows 10 provides complete control of volumes in every app. You can very easily increase or decrease the volumes here of different apps and get great control over the voice output.
But, there can be several circumstances when Discord’s volume may be too low and the app would not be producing any voice.
- Hit Windows+S and in the dialogue box that would appear, enter Volume Mixer. Now open the Settings app.
- You will now be seeing every active application of your device. Choose Discord and raise the volume to the maximum level.
- Save the changes and close the app. Now open Discord again and check if the problem is fixed.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Why can’t I hear anyone on Discord?
A few bugs or updates on the Discord application may cause that. Moreover, the Audio Settings on your application and device may be incorrect.
2. How do you fix no voice in Discord?
There are a few ways to fix the issue if you can’t hear anyone on discord. You can:
Try setting the audio device that you are using as your default communication device
Change the app’s volume from Volume Mixer
Refresh the app
Use the web version of the app
Change your server region
Turn the Use legacy audio subsystem on
Use appropriate sound output and input
3. Why do I sound quiet on Discord?
There may be several reasons that you are sounding quiet on Discord. You can check the volume of your device, update the drivers, or check the mic settings of the Discord application.
It can be frustrating when you can’t hear people in discord, not just for you but also for your friends. In this article, we provided 7 different methods for fixing the issue of discord can’t hear anyone. Follow the methods carefully and you will be able to get rid of the problem in a few minutes.