Types of Damage & Their Counter Guide 2021- Champion Legion
Welcome to GamingFreak Guide Tutorial, in this post we will share Champion Legion Types of Damage & Their Counter Guide 2021.
You will know in this post different types of Damages and what is the role of it, How to increase damage? Counter Physical Damage and Magical Damage & How to counter Defense Items?
So, without wasting time let’s get start.
Read the below Related Articles-
Like every MOBA Game, Champions Legion also has 3 Basic Types of Damages;
- Physical Damage
- Magical Damage
- True Damage
The very basic difference in them which you can see is the color of Numbers shown.
Types of Damage & Their Counter Red – Physical Damage
Types of Damage & Their Counter Purple – Magical Damage
Types of Damage & Their Counter White – True Damage
Note- Numbers denote the amount of Damage Dealt, Color shows the type of Damage Dealt
What do you mean by different types of Damages and what is the role of it?
Point to be Remembered: –
Each Hero has its own Specific type of Damage.
Heroes categorized as:
- Mages and Support deal Magical Damage.
- Fighter, Tank, Assassin and Marksman deal Physical Damage.
- Oboro being the only exception in Assassin who deals Magical Damage.
- Few Heroes like Wulfric, Styx they deal 2 types of damage, i.e., Physical Damage and True Damage.
Basic Attacks deal Physical Damage only exception being Oboro which can also deal Magical Damage when she is in Melee Mode i.e. when she uses Katana to attack enemies.
Type of Damage dealt by Skills varies according to the Hero which you will using for your game; Skills can deal Physical Damage or Magical Damage, it may also trigger True Damage effect in your Basic Attack (e.g. Wulfric, Styx).
Physical Damage can be increased with the help of Attack Items; it can be countered with the help of Physical Defense Items.
Magical Damage can be increased with the help of Magic Items; it can be countered with the help of Magical Defense Items.
True Damage as the name says it is True in Nature, i.e., there is No Item to Counter True Damage; Any type of Defense Item will fail to block the True Damage.
Types of Damage & Their Counter How to increase damage?
- It can be increased with the help of Attack items.
- Physical Damage can be drastically increased with the help of specific feature called as Critical Damage.
- Critical Damage as the name says it will help in dealing damage to Enemies’ weak point, which in turn helps in reducing Enemy HP faster.
- There is 1 important factor which decides the Total outcome of Critical Damage, that is Critical Chance.
- Critical Chance helps in increasing the chances of getting Critical Damage on the Enemy. (Higher the Critical Chance, More Critical Damage is dealt)
- Items like Brilliant Blade, Lightning Dagger, Trinity Power and Gale Quill helps in Critical Chance; Brilliant Blade also increases the damage output given by Critical Damage.
Attack Speed Items are also an Important factor in Physical Damage, especially for Marksman Role Heroes.
As name says, this type of Items helps in increasing the Number of Damage that you can deal with your Basic Attacks only.
Remember Skills are not affected with Attack Speed Items.
Items like Spellshards, Lightning Dagger and Gale Quill helps in increasing the Attack Speed.
Pro Tips: Many players (especially Marksman Role Users) use the combination of Attack Speed Items and Critical Damage Items to deal high Damage and immediately Kill enemy.
Pro Tips: Other Role Users (like Warrior and Assassin)
- Do not increase Attack Speed.
- They increase Critical Damage only.
- Warriors will focus on some Defense Items instead of Attack Speed.
- Assassin will focus on increasing more Damage output on both Basic Attack and Skills; they will hardly buy only 1 Attack Speed Item to help them.
It can be increased with the help of Magic items. Unlike Heroes which use Physical Damage mainly depend on Critical Damage and Basic Attacks to deal Damage, Magical Damage Heroes are totally dependent on their Skills and not on Basic Attacks (exception being Oboro which can deal Magical Damage in her Basic Attacks and has to rely on Basic Attacks too).
There are 2 main factors on which Magical Damage depends on Mana & Cooldown.
Skills need Mana for being casted (few Heroes are exception which do not use Mana for casting Skills like Oboro, Christine, Mikal, Wulfric).
Skills after being used need some time to be used again, this time taken by skills after being casted is called Cooldown.
Magical Damage Heroes needs to focus on “How to have Mana all the time?” and “How to have lowest amount of Cooldown for Skills?”
How to have Mana all the time?
- Items help in either increasing Maximum amount of Mana or it helps in increasing the Rate of Mana Regeneration.
- It is recommended to focus on items which helps in Mana Regeneration, as it will continuously provide Mana, therefore you can use skills continuously without caring about your Mana.
- Items like Enchanted Kicks and Staff of Time helps in Mana Regeneration.
How to have lowest amount of Cooldown for Skills?
This type items decreases the Cooldown Time, this is decrease is called as Cooldown Reduction. (also written as CD Reduction)
Maximum of Cooldown Reduction you can get is 40%.
Let’s take an example to understand it more clearly.
If a skill takes 10 seconds for Cooldown and you have a total of 40% Cooldown Reduction by your Items, then this skill will take only 6 seconds for Cooldown.
40% of 10 secs is 4 secs
We will subtract 4 secs from 10 secs
Result is 6 secs,
Therefore, that skill will take only 6 secs for Cooldown.
Items like Flashy Boots, Staff of Time, Torture Mask and God Eater helps in giving CD Reduction.
Pro Tips: Mage and Support Heroes should focus on buying Mana Regeneration Item and CD Reduction Item as First Item to be bought.
This will help you deal more damage with your Skills right from the Early Game Phase. Later on, focus on buying Magic Damage Items.
Oboro is an exception which do not require Mana Regeneration Item. She should only focus on Damage Items and CD Reduction Items.
- True damage is specific to only 3 Heroes in the current version of the game, they are Wulfric, Styx and Mikal.
- True damage always has a condition for the damage output.
- Styx needs to use Ultimate to deal True Damage in his Basic Attacks.
- Mikal needs Enemy to be at Lower HP to deal High amount of True Damage with his Ultimate.
- Wulfric needs to be in the Blood for Blood form (i.e. when he holds his axe by both arms) and use HP as cost to deal True Damage in his Skills.
Blood for Blood Form
How to counter Physical Damage and Magical Damage?
- Both Physical Damage and Magical Damage can be countered with the respective Defense Items, i.e Physical Defense and Magical Defense.
- Physical Defense Item will only block Physical Damage.
- Magical Defense Item will only block Magical Damage.
- There is no Defense Item for True Damage.
- Buying of Defense Items varies with Enemy Heroes,
- If enemy has More Physical Damage dealers, then focus first on buying Physical Defense Item.
- If enemy has More Magical Damage dealers, then focus first on buying Magical Defense Item.
- Amount of Defense Points given by Defense Items is nullified every time the deals you any kind of Damage.
Let’s understand this with the help of an example:
If you a defense item which gives you 50 points of defense and enemy has an item which gives 70 points of damage, then the total damage you get is 20 points only.
70 points of damage – 50 points of defense = 20 points of remaining damage.
How to counter Defense Items?
Defense Items can be pain in the game, thankfully there is a way to counter them. Special Items have a property called Penetration. (also written as PEN)
Penetration is nothing but how much extra damage can be dealt even after enemy is using Defense Item. As the names says, it will penetrate the Enemy Defense Items to deal damage.
Physical Damage has Physical Penetration and Magical Damage has Magical Penetration.
The amount of extra damage dealt is either expressed as percentage value or it is based on your level or it is directly expressed as points.
Items having directly Points or Level based Points as Penetration Value are effective in Early to Mid-Game; Reason for that is during this phase of game, enemies do not have any Defense Items to support them, therefore this type of Items are sufficient to deal damage against them.
It will help in penetrating the basic defense which they already have as their stat value.
Percentage based Items have a strong effect on Late Game; as you have high damage output, your percentage of penetration will also be higher.
Example: An Item provides 40% of Penetration
Early Game you have 100 Damage Points. Therefore, your Damage which will penetrate is 40 points – 40% of 100 = 40.
Late Game you have 1000 Damage Points. Therefore, your Damage which will penetrate is 400 points- 40% of 1000 = 400.
Get Mobile Legends Guide Application Download Our Official App.
That’s all for this Champion Legion Types of Damage & Their Counter Guide 2021 tutorial, hope you guys learn it and love it. Please comment if you want more tutorial like this.